Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Face in a Toadstool

I've always been fascinated with the sudden appearance of toadstools in the yard. They seem to crop up overnight from the moist ground in the most interesting colors, shapes, and patterns. I love to photograph them, and sometimes I will lay in the dirt to get the best angle. Can you imagine my surprise when I took my camera for a close-up of this one? There is a little face peering out from the white spot from the lower center of this lemon spotted beauty. If you click on the image to enlarge it, you can see the sad eyed, perplexed look of the little one.  Perhaps my flash caught him off guard as was quietly sleeping in the coolness of the moist soil on a hot summer morn. I only took one quick shot, as the look on the little face did not seemed too amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment